'Error: -245755 - Unrecognized database format' when trying to open a data file.
The data file is corrupted. There are many possible causes of database corruption including but not limited to those listed below:
- Losing power, shutting down or restarting the PC while the Uniwell Lynx is running
- Using TaskKill or Task Manager to shut down Uniwell Lynx
- Attempting to open a Uniwell Lynx data file in a program other than Uniwell Lynx
- Intermittent PC hardware faults particularly hard drive or memory
- PC crash due to hardware or operating system problems
- Computer viruses
- Exceeding the 2GB limit for a Microsoft Access database
Possible recovery options are listed below:
- Check to see if there is a file with the same name as the data file but with a .BAK or .TMP file extension. If either of these files exist and have a date/time stamp that is close to the date/time stamp on the .LNX and a file size that is the same or larger than the .LNX file then AFTER copying the .LNX to another folder in case it is needed later, rename the .BAK or .TMP file to have a .LNX file extension and then try opening the file in Uniwell Lynx. If it opens successfully then check the data to see if it is up-to-date before proceeding.
- If there are no usable .BAK or .TMP files then restore your most recent backup of the data file and re-enter any work that was done since the backup. If sales batches had been collected since the last backup then contact your Uniwell Lynx Reseller. Lynx Software provides a data recovery service and this can be arranged for a fee via your Uniwell Lynx Reseller.
- If there are no usable .BAK or .TMP files and you do not have a suitable backup to restore then contact your Uniwell Lynx Reseller. Lynx Software provides a data repair service and this can be arranged for a fee via your Uniwell Lynx Reseller.
Note: If a data file has been severely corrupted then it may not be possible to repair it